All skips supplied by Leeds Skip Hire are supplied in accordance with our Terms & Conditions as set out below. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time. Please read them in full:
1. Text messages are sent to every customer with a skip booked online at www.leedsskiphire.com or over the phone. This text message urges customers to read our Terms & Conditions, please read these carefully. If you do not agree with any of the terms stipulated, please request a refund and/ or cancel the skip by calling 0113 3477330
2. Skip hire duration period is 7 Calender Days: extended period can be arranged and does not apply to Trade Customers
3. All skips can be automatically booked for collection based on the above durations, you will receive a message to confirm the booking, if you require the skip for a longer duration, please get in touch with us immediately so we can make the necessary adjustments and additional charges will apply. Addition hire time is granted by the discretion of Leeds Skip Hire.
4. Skips will be collected by Leeds Skip Hire at the earliest opportunity.
5. The lighting of fires near or in the skip is strictly prohibited. The hirer will be liable for any losses or damages to the skip container (excluding any fair wear & tear), the cost of repairing a skip can be between £800 – £1,000.
6. If the skip is lost or stolen during the skip hire and up until the skip is collected, then the hirer will be liable for the full purchase price of the skip.
7. Any order placed with Leeds Skip Hire, which requires the delivery vehicles to leave the public highways will be at the customer’s own risk. The customer will accept full responsibility for any consequential damage that may occur to persons, property or vehicles because of this.
8. Leeds Skip Hire will not be held liable for any loss or damage caused by failure to supply, or any delay in supply which may be caused directly or indirectly by any circumstances beyond our control including but not limited to fire, accident, vehicle or other machinery breakdowns, or by an act of neglect on the part of the customer.
9. Leeds Skip Hire reserves the right to charge the customer for all costs incurred because of cancellation or variation of the whole or part of an order together with loss of profit and any other consequential loss. Any deliveries of skips that are cancelled 48 hours prior to the delivery day will not incur any charges.
10. Any arranged collections of skips that cannot be fulfilled because of customer delays, absence or other reasons, will result in additional charges.
11. The content of the returning skips is the responsibility of the hirer.
12. Leeds Skip Hire is not licenced to handle Food waste, please do not dispose of this type of waste in our skips (bagged or loose), unfortunately, if we receive any skips with food, we have no other options but to return the full skip back to the hirer immediately, no refund will be issued.
13. Waste deemed as hazardous by the European Waste Catalogue (Article 114) of the hazardous waste directive (91/689/EC) must not be placed in the skip. Hazardous waste is strictly prohibited and Leeds Skip Hire is not licensed to handle these hazardous products, hence if any products are found in the skips, we will return the skip back to the sending customer: please DO NOT try to hide these products in the skip as the content of all our skips is segregated in our processing centre, hence having these products in the skips put our workers at a grave risk, Leeds Skip Hire deems the following products as Hazardous waste:
Asbestos, Cement boards, Fuels, Large Batteries, Paints, Gas Cylindersupholstered domestic seating that contains POPs (persistent organic pollutants) [Sofas, sofa beds, armchairs, kitchen chairs, dining room chairs, stools, footstools, home office chairs, futons, bean bags, floor and sofa cushions], the following items are deemed as not having any POPs: items that are not upholstered, for example, a wooden chair without a cushioned or textile back, seat, or arms, deckchairs, wastes from manufacturing new domestic seating that the manufacturer can demonstrate do not to contain POPs.
14. Controlled Waste is accepted by Leeds Skip Hire, the following waste is accepted at an additional charge, please let us know about these at your earliest convenience and make payment prior to collection:
- Mattresses [Single – £10 / Double -£15]
- Plasterboards – Price according to weight in tonnes (please contact us)
- Carpets, Underlay & Rugs – Price according to weight in tonnes (please contact us)
- Carpet Tiles – Price according to weight in tonnes (please contact us)
- Roof felt/ Bitumen felt/ Playground rubber – Price according to weight in tonnes (please contact us)
- Large Appliances (excluding fridges) – £10 per appliance
- Fridge Freezer – £30 Small & £35 Large
15. The hirer shall ensure that the skip is not overloaded by weight or volume at the time of collection. Skips should be loaded no higher than the top sides of the skips. Leeds Skip Hire reserves the right to refuse to collect overloaded skips and any costs incurred due to unsafe loads/loading including void journeys will be passed on to the hirer. Additional charges may be levied. OVER LOADING will always incur a surcharge or refusal of collection. We only refuse to collect overloaded skips where it is deemed unsafe, Health & safety regulations are diligently observed by our drivers for their personal safety, as well as the safety of other road users.
16. Our extra-large skips, 14 & 16-yard skips, are for light materials, like household clear-out or green waste, please Do NOT fill with Soil, Rubble, bricks or other heavy materials, these heavy materials make the skip too heavy, which in turn makes it impossible for the equipment to load the skip in a safe manner back on the trucks.
17. Payment terms for non-account holders are always pre-payment prior to delivery. Account holders pay according to agreed terms. (Subject to written Agreement by Leeds Skip Hire)
18. Skips can only be placed on the public highway by prior arrangement with Leeds Skip Hire. A permit to site a skip on the public highway, including footpaths, is required from the relevant local authority. Leeds Skip Hire can arrange the relevant permits to deposit a skip on the highway with the relevant local authority and a charge will be made. Charges vary with different local authorities but are usually £36 for an initial 2-week period. Skip Hire Permits are non-refundable.
If you require any further clarification on any of our terms & condition, please call us on 01133 477330 during working hours.
19. Leeds Skip Hire understands the impact of unnecessary waste generated, in an effort to play our part we operate a paperless office and encourage others the same; if any customers require either an email or printed invoices, transfer notes or PODs (Proof of Delivery), please ring us or email the office at email@example.com